The User Profile page shows information about a player's stats and awarded achievements. You can view your own profile or for that of another player. Navigation to the "User Profile" page can be done from multiple places throughout the user interface, see the viewing user profiles section below for more. The page has three parts: a title bar, a left column and a right column. The "title bar" contains controls for user interactions. In the left column there is a profile picture (avatar), the player's in-game rank and if the player is a member of an alliance, there is also the alliance name and ranking displayed. In the right column there is a personal quote or message, the player's latest stats and awarded achievements (badges).
The title bar displays the username in capitalized characters. Behind the username there might be a icon and some buttons depending on if you are viewing your own profile or another player's profile.
If you are viewing another player's profile, and this player is NOT in your buddy list a buddy icon is shown behind the username. "Clicking" on this icon will send a "buddy request" to the player.
Block or Unblock Button
When viewing another player's profile there is a button for "block" or "unblock" messages from that player. "Clicking" the button toggles it on/off.
Send Message Button
A "send message" button is shown on the "title bar" if the current player has NOT blocked your messages.
Note: When viewing your own profile the "send message" button is displayed, "clicking" it takes you to the "new message" form page, but obvious you can't send a message to your self, so the form does not work.
Profile Picture (Avatar)
Pick a character to represent yourself in your profile, messages, and alliance message board. To change the avatar, "click" on the picture or the button "change" underneath it, this will take you to the choose profile picture page where you can choose your avatar from the unlocked pictures. As you earn more badge points, new avatars unlock. The amount of points needed for the next unlock are shown on the "choose profile picture" page. You can also unlock premium avatars for credits by "clicking" on a locked avatar picture.
Note: When viewing another player's profile the "change" button is displayed underneath the profile picture. "Clicking" it takes you to the "choose profile picture" page for your picture since you can't change another player's picture. There is no notice that this occurs other than a change of the picture if you are not the player being viewed.
Choose Profile Picture
When you "click" on your Profile Picture (avatar) or the "change" button underneath it at your profile page, you end up at the Choose Profile Picture page. This page displays your current avatar on the left, and a gallery of other avatars to the right. To choose a new avatar "click" on one of the unlocked picture in the gallery. You can also purchase one for credits by clicking on a locked one. The ones with white locks cost 10,000, and the ones with yellow locks cost 25,000. On the botton of the gallery there is an "progress bar", showing how many badge points you need to unlock the next profile image.
This rank is determined by your overall rating. Example of display: Admiral an insignia icon and a rank title. "Clicking" on the icon takes you to the Ranking Guide page, where you can see how the player compare with other users.
If a player is a member of an alliance his alliance rank title, the alliance rank insignia and the alliance name are displayed.
"Clicking" on the "insignia icon" takes you to the Rank Guide page, where you can see how the alliance compare with others. "Click" on the alliance name to show the alliance stats.
Personal Quote (message)
When viewing another player's profile you will see his personal quote or message here. On your own profile page you see your personal message with a "edit" link underneath. "Clicking" the link puts the message text in an input box for editing, with a "save" button below. "Click" on the "save" button to save the edited message.
Note: If you have not changed the personal message before, the default text says: You can put your own personal quote or message here.
- Overall Rating
- The Overall rating is a player ranking score. The lower the score the better your rank in comparison to other players.
- Building Rating
- The Building rating is a player ranking score. The lower the score the better your rank in comparison to other players.
- Fleet Rating
- The Fleet rating is a player ranking score. The lower the score the better your rank in comparison to other players.
- Defense Rating
- The Defense rating is a player ranking score. The lower the score the better your rank in comparison to other players.
- Research Rating
- The Research rating is a player ranking score. The lower the score the better your rank in comparison to other players.
- Crew Rating
- The Crew rating is a player ranking score. The lower the score the better your rank in comparison to other players.
- DSP Ranking
- The DSP rating is a player ranking score. The lower the score the better your rank in comparison to other players.
Additional information on stats can be found on the Leaders page.
If you are viewing your own profile you have a link "Show All Badges" on the page. "Clicking" this will take you to the "achievements" (badges) page where you get a complete list of your earning. Viewing another player's profile will show his badge points instead of the link.
Awarded achievement (badges) the player has earned are listed in the following categories.
Not all achievements are shown when viewing another player's profile, this is done to prevent gathering too accurate intelligence from the list. Hovering / moving the mouse pointer over a badge shows a "tooltip" with information about the badge.
When you unlock a new achievement you get a message in your inbox.
Viewing User Profiles
Navigating to the "User Profile" page can be done from multiple places throughout the user interface. Here is a brief list of the possibilities:
- "Click" on the user profile icon on the "messages menu" to show your profile and buddies list.
- When you unlock a new achievement you get a message in your inbox with the subject "Achievement Unlocked!". This message contains this text at the bottom: Now others will see your progress when viewing your "profile page". Keep up the good work <your username>!. The text "profile page" is a link to your user profile.
- "Click" on a player name in the galaxy screen.
- "Click" on the author name in alliance forum posts. Note: Don't work on your own posts.
- "Click" on the name in the buddy list and requests.
- "Click" on a name in the leaderboards.